Teff tigernut flour cookies combine two of my favorite flours: teff flour and tigernut flour.
Teff flour is a gluten-free flour, which makes it a great option for people with Celiac disease and other gluten sensitivities. It is widely known for its versatility, especially in baked goods. It has an earthy, slightly nutty and sweet taste and pairs best with chocolate. Use it in your recipes and you’ll end up with delicious brownies, cakes, and cookies. It can also be used to make waffles, cookies, bread, crackers, and other baked goods. It is packed with calcium and full of fiber.
Tigernut flour is a nutritious gluten-free flour with a unique sweet taste and a slightly gritty texture. Since tiger nuts are completely gluten-free, nut-free, and grain-free, this flour is also a wonderful alternative for people with certain food allergies. Because of its slightly sweet and nutty flavor, it allows you to cut back on added sugar. Read more about tigernuts here.
It works really well in combination with other flours and starches such as white rice flour, brown rice flour, coconut flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, potato starch…
For more cookie recipes, check out Chocolate Chickpea Hazelnut Cookies.
Teff Tigernut Flour Cookies
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Line a baking sheet with a non-stick baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Melt coconut cream over low heat in a medium pot. Stir until smooth. Let it cool down a bit.
- Add melted coconut cream and lime juice to the bowl with dry ingredients. You can use a spoon or your hands and mix until the dough begins to stick together and everything is well combined. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Form the dough into cookies using your hands and use a fork to make a crisscross pattern on each cookie.
- Place cookies on the baking sheet and bake for approx. 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave them to cool down completely. They will continue to firm up while cooling.