Spinach Green Pea Coconut Cream Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups leeks chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 450 g frozen spinach
- 700 g green peas
- 3 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/3 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- salt to taste
- 100 ml almond milk unsweetened (optional)
- green peas
- smoked tofu cut into small cubes
- basil leaves
- In a large pot place 1 tablespoon of olive oil and chopped leeks, and cook over low-medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, frozen spinach and cook for another couple of minutes on low while stirring constantly.
- Add 700 g green peas and 3 cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add 1 can of coconut milk. Cook for another 5-10 minutes until the peas are cooked. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- When the soup is done, use the immersion blender to puree the soup completely (or you can transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth). Add 100 ml of unsweetened almond milk if necessary (if the soup is too thick to your liking).
- Serve in a bowl and top with green peas, smoked tofu, and basil leaves.