The roasted almond coconut bliss balls recipe was originally published on Dec 05, 2016. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips.
NO-BAKE ENERGY BITES
These delicious roasted almond coconut bliss balls are super easy to make and can be ready in no time with just a few wholesome ingredients. They make a perfect healthy snack to keep in the fridge.
These balls are vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and soy-free.
MEET THE INGREDIENTS
- Roasted almonds (check How to roast almonds)
- Shredded coconut
- Fine coconut flour
- Lemon or lime juice
- Vanilla powder (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
SOAKING DATES: Put pitted dates in a bowl and cover them with water. Soak at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
Drain dates well and put them in the food processor. Add all the other ingredients: roasted almonds, shredded coconut, coconut flour, lemon or lime juice, and a pinch of vanilla powder (optional).
Process until the mixture sticks together. You can adjust the sweetness by adding a touch of maple syrup if needed.
Roll the mixture into small balls and roll each in shredded coconut to coat.
Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator.
TIPS AND HOW-TOS
HOW TO ROAST ALMONDS
Roasting almonds deepens their flavor and gives them a crisper texture. Here is how to do it:
Preheat oven to 180 °C. Spread the almonds in an even layer on the baking sheet. Place in oven and roast for 10-15 minutes. Stir or shake the tray every 5 minutes to help the almonds to cook evenly.
When the almonds are browned and smell nutty, remove from the oven and immediately transfer onto a plate or another baking sheet.
ROASTED ALMOND COCONUT BLISS BALLS ARE:
- Whole-food plant-based
- Refined sugar-free
- Easy to make
Thank you for stopping by! If you try this recipe, please let us know what you think in the comments section below. Your feedback means a lot to us! Also, if you post it on Instagram, please tag us with @alltheworldisgreen because we love to see your remakes.
Roasted Almond Coconut Bliss Balls
- 150 g roasted almonds
- 50 g shredded coconut
- 150 g dates soaked in water for a couple of hours or until soft
- 30 g fine ground coconut flour
- 20 ml lemon or lime juice
- pinch of vanilla powder optional
Extra (for rolling)
- 20 g shredded coconut
- Drain dates well and place them in a food processor. Add all the other ingredients: roasted almonds, shredded coconut, coconut flour, lemon or lime juice, and a pinch of vanilla powder (optional).
- Process until the mixture sticks together. You can adjust the sweetness by adding a touch of maple syrup if needed.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and roll each in coconut to coat.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- Makes approx. 22 balls.
* The nutritional information provided is calculated automatically and should be used as an estimate.