- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped red peppers (approx. 4-5 big peppers)
- 800 g canned tomatoes chopped
- 200 ml tomato puree
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 6-7 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- 5-6 basil leaves chopped
- In a large pot, add chopped red peppers, canned chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, parsley, basil, garlic, and coconut sugar. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and allow the salsa to simmer for at least 1 hour. Stir every 10 minutes or so to prevent the salsa on the bottom of the pot from burning.
- Check the seasonings and add more salt or spices if needed.
- Serve with pasta or rice.