Red Lentil Chickpea Coconut Cream Soup
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups sweet potato chopped
- 2 cups zucchini chopped
- 1 cup peppers chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 thumb-sized ginger minced
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2 cups chickpeas previously cooked
- 5 cups of water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- garlic powder to taste
- salt to taste
- Rinse red lentils well and let them drain thoroughly.
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped sweet potato, zucchini, peppers, carrots, minced garlic, and ginger and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now add red lentils, cooked chickpeas, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Season with a little salt, add garlic powder and turmeric. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the lentils are tender. Check the seasonings and add more salt and spices if needed.
- Top with roasted squash, roasted blue potatoes, sautéed swiss chard, parsley…