BERRILICIOUS CHIA PUDDING
This quick and easy mixed berry chia pudding recipe is loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats and it will take you less than 10 minutes to make (if you don’t count soaking the seeds).
Just add maqui berry powder or any natural food coloring you like, fresh raspberries, top with coconut yogurt and berries and you are ready to go!
CHIA SEEDS HEALTH BENEFITS
- These tiny seeds are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for our health – they help to keep the cholesterol lipid levels within a healthy range.
- Furthermore, chia seeds are relatively high in protein – 28-gram, or 1-ounce, serving of chia seeds contains 5.6 grams of protein.
- They are rich in fiber – a 25g portion of chia seeds contains approximately 9g of fiber. Fiber is super important for a healthy digestive system.
- They are a significant source of calcium – a 25g portion of chia contains 157mg.
- The combination of fat, protein, and fiber supports a healthy heart and stable blood-sugar levels.
CHIA SEEDS NUTRITIONAL PROFILE
Serving size 15g (1 tablespoon):
Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 0.8 g
Omega 3: 3g
WHAT IS MAQUI BERRY?
Maqui berries are being referred to as the new superfruit due to their high content of potent antioxidants. They contain very high levels of anthocyanins, pigments responsible for the purple color.
The flavor of maqui berry is mild. They taste similar to blackberries, with a subtle sweetness and a bit of tartness.
Maqui berry powder is freeze-dried, which is the best method available to preserve the valuable nutrients found in this amazing berry.
You can find it online or in many local health food stores. Always make sure that maqui berry powder is of the highest quality.
HOW TO USE IT
Add 1-2 teaspoons to your morning smoothie, oatmeal, nicecream, yogurt, or use it to color raw desserts.
HOW TO MAKE MIXED BERRY CHIA PUDDING
Whisk together 200 ml almond milk, chia seeds, and sweetener (if using) in a bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then whisk again to prevent it from clumping. Leave it at room temperature for 45 minutes.
Add 200 g coconut yogurt and 1 teaspoon maqui berry powder to the chia mixture and stir well until combined.
Note: If the pudding looks a bit thick, you can add extra few tablespoons of almond milk and stir again.
Layer chia pudding and fresh raspberries in jars and top with coconut yogurt and fresh or frozen berries.
Note: The pudding is ready to eat right away.
TIPS AND SUBSTITUTES
Maqui berry powder: If you don’t have maqui berry powder, add any natural food coloring you like or have in your pantry. Check out Color Me Naturally for some ideas.
Almond milk: You can use other plant-based milk like rice or oat.
Coconut yogurt: Just as long as it is nice and creamy, you can use other plant-based yogurt alternatives (rice or soy).
EASY CHIA PUDDING IS:
- Vegan (dairy-free)
- Quick and easy to make
- Ready in less than 10 minutes
- Packed with healthy fats
- Healthy and nutritious
Thank you for stopping by! If you try this recipe, please let us know what you think in the comments section below. Your feedback means a lot to us! Also, if you post it on Instagram, please tag us with @alltheworldisgreen because we love to see your remakes.
Mixed Berry Chia Pudding
- 200 ml almond milk
- 50 g chia seeds
- 200 g coconut yogurt
- maple syrup to taste
- 1 teaspoon maqui berry powder
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 200 g coconut yogurt
- Whisk together 200 ml almond milk, chia seeds, and sweetener (if using) in a bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then whisk again to prevent it from clumping. Let it sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Add 200 g coconut yogurt and 1 teaspoon maqui berry powder and stir well until combined.
- Note: If the pudding looks a bit thick, you can add extra few tablespoons of almond milk and stir again.
- Layer chia pudding and fresh raspberries in jars and top with coconut yogurt and fresh or frozen berries.
* The nutritional information provided is calculated automatically and should be used as an estimate.