This soft and moist Lemon and blueberry cake is very easy to make. The lemony flavor and the sweet, juicy blueberries complement each other perfectly. It’s probably one of my favorite flavor combinations: it’s sweet, it’s tangy, and it’s full of flavors.
The cake doesn’t need any kind of frosting because it’s perfectly satisfying on its own. You can lightly dust it with powdered sugar if desired (I used powdered xylitol) and decorate it with fresh blueberries.
Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 200 g Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 100 g ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 200 ml rice milk at room temperature
- 100 ml lemon juice at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 100 g fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Line a 16 cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: 1-to-1 Bob's Red Mill baking flour, ground almonds, baking powder, turmeric powder, and chia seeds.
- Add rice milk, lemon juice, and maple syrup to the bowl with dry ingredients. Stir until well combined using a whisk or a rubber spatula. Add 6 tablespoons of coconut oil and again, stir well until all is well combined. Adjust sweetness if needed.
- Gently fold in fresh blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for approx. 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Lightly dust it with powdered sugar or powdered xylitol.
- Decorate with blueberries.