SWEET AND TANGY LEMON BLUEBERRY CAKE
This gluten-free lemon and blueberry cake is soft, moist and so tasty. The lemony flavor and the sweet, juicy blueberries complement each other perfectly. This is certainly one of my favorite flavor combinations: it’s sweet, it’s tangy, and it’s full of flavors. A perfect treat to serve with a cup of tea or coffee!
This cake doesn’t need any kind of frosting because it’s perfectly satisfying on its own. You can lightly dust it with powdered sugar if desired (I used powdered xylitol) and top with fresh blueberries.
The cake is vegan (dairy-free and egg-free), gluten-free, refind-sugar-free, and soy-free.
MEET THE INGREDIENTS
The main ingredients include the gluten-free flour mix, ground almonds, blueberries, and lemon juice. The cake is sweetened with maple syrup. I also added a pinch of turmeric powder to enhance the color and the flavor.
HOW TO MAKE IT
Preheat oven to 180° C. Line a 16 cm springform cake tin with baking paper and grease it with coconut oil.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: 1-to-1 Bob’s Red Mill baking flour, ground almonds, baking powder, turmeric powder, and chia seeds.
You can experiment with different gluten-free flour mixes but this is the one that works best for me.
Add rice milk, lemon juice, and maple syrup to the bowl with dry ingredients. Stir until well combined using a whisk or a rubber spatula. Add 60 ml of coconut oil and stir again. Adjust sweetness if needed.
Gently fold in fresh blueberries. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for approx. 40-45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Lightly dust it with powdered sugar or powdered xylitol and top with blueberries.
LEMON AND BLUEBERRY CAKE IS:
• Vegan (dairy-free, egg-free)
• Easy to make
• Soft and moist
• Tangy and sweet
INTERESTED IN MORE CAKE RECIPES?
Check out these:
Thank you for stopping by! If you try this recipe, please let us know what you think in the comments section below. Your feedback means a lot to us! Also, if you post it on Instagram, please tag us with @alltheworldisgreen because we love to see your remakes.
Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 200 g Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 100 g ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 10 g chia seeds ~ 1 tablespoon
- 180-200 ml rice milk at room temperature
- 100 ml lemon juice at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 60 ml coconut oil
- 100 g fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Line a 16 cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: 1-to-1 Bob's Red Mill baking flour, ground almonds, baking powder, turmeric powder, and chia seeds.
- Add rice milk, lemon juice, and maple syrup to the bowl with dry ingredients. Stir until well combined using a whisk or a rubber spatula. Add 6 tablespoons of coconut oil and again, stir well until all is well combined. Adjust sweetness if needed.
- Gently fold in fresh blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for approx. 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Lightly dust it with powdered sugar or powdered xylitol.
- Decorate with blueberries.
If you like this image, click below to Pin and follow us on Pinterest.