These fluffy vegan banana pancakes are made with white rice flour in combination with buckwheat, and tigernut flour.
White rice flour is naturally gluten-free, rich in carbohydrates and low in fat and can be used to bake cakes, cookies, pancakes, as well as thicken sauces. But, because it is refined, I use it mostly in combinations with other flours to boost both nutrition and flavor. I recommend using buckwheat, teff, quinoa, and amaranth flour…
Despite its name, buckwheat flour has nothing to do with wheat. Buckwheat is actually a pseudo-grain just like quinoa (it’s a fruit seed), so it’s naturally gluten-free and it doesn’t have the same types of proteins that cereal grains do. It’s great for anyone with grain issues because it’s easy to digest.
It is packed with nutrients, has a light texture, and a strong earthy flavor. Use it to make pancakes, muffins, cakes, galettes, and more.
Just make sure it is certified gluten-free to avoid any possible cross-contamination with gluten in processing.
Tigernut flour is a nutritious gluten-free flour with a unique sweet taste and a slightly gritty texture. Since tiger nuts are completely gluten-free, nut-free, and grain-free, this flour is a wonderful alternative for people with certain food allergies. Its sweetness allows you to cut back on the sugar quantity in your recipe.
Interested in more pancake recipes? Check out these recipes:
Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 70 g white rice flour
- 50 g tigernut flour
- 25-30 g buckwheat flour
- 10 g tapioca flour
- 2-3 tablespoons agave
- 150 ml rice milk
- 1 banana (ripe) approx. 100 g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- Put all the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix banana and 150 ml rice milk in the blender until smooth.
- Add the banana mixture and agave syrup to the bowl with dry ingredients and mix well. Adjust sweetness if needed.
- Brush the pan with coconut oil and preheat it under medium-low heat.
- Pour the batter into a circle (use 1 heaped tablespoon for each pancake).
- When the pancake starts bubbling a bit and the bottom is lightly browned, flip it over and cook briefly on the other side.
- Top with blueberries.