Delicious fig galette with a rustic crust topped with fig jam and purple figs. Very easy to make, vegan, gluten-free. Great late-summer treat!
- 200 g Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 80 g margarine spread I used Vitaquell Cuisine Patisserie
- 50 g coconut sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons cold water
- 4-5 teaspoons fig jam
- 5-6 big purple figs
- Preheat the oven to 175° C.
- Combine the gluten-free flour and coconut sugar in a bowl.
- Add the diced margarine and 4 tablespoons ice-cold water to the mixture and mix it with your hands until the dough begins to stick together. Be careful not to add too much water because the dough will be too sticky to roll out. If your dough is too sticky you can just add a bit more flour.
- Place the dough in the fridge to chill for at least half an hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and gently roll it out between 2 pieces of parchment paper into one big round disc or three smaller ones.
- Place the crust onto a large baking sheet.
- Spread the fig jam in the center of the dough, leaving a little bit of crust on the outside. Place fig slices on top of the jam.
- Now it’s time to fold your edges over. Instead of lifting the edges of your dough with your fingers, try lifting it with the parchment paper or gently with a knife. If the dough cracks or tears, and it will for sure, just put it back together with your hands.
- Bake for approx 25 minutes, until crust is crispy and golden.
- Remove from oven, and using parchment paper, transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- Cut into small pieces and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?Please leave a comment below and let us know how it was. We are very grateful for your feedback.
* The nutritional information provided is calculated automatically and should be used as an estimate.
If you like this image, click below to Pin and follow us on Pinterest