- Quick and easy to make
- Simple, tasty, and nutritious
- No added oils
- Packed with healthy fats and protein
- You can enjoy it with Buckwheat Seed Bread, Quinoa Almond Flatbread, roasted vegetables, homemade crackers, or you can simply eat it with a spoon
- Dietary requirements: plant-based, gluten-free, and soy-free.
Notes on ingredients
- Lentils: Brown lentils are the most common and easy to find and hold their shape well, making them versatile for many recipes. If you don’t have time to cook them yourself, canned lentils are also another great time-saving option. Just make sure to rinse them under fresh water in order to reduce the sodium content.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are the healthiest of all the nuts. They contain the most antioxidants compared to any other nut and they are an excellent source of plant omega-3 fatty acids which makes them an incredibly valuable inclusion for those following a plant-based diet.
- Dijon mustard: Dijon Mustard has a tangy, sharp and sweet taste with a slight kick of spice.
- Garlic: Use raw garlic cloves.
How to make it
Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until the mixture is relatively smooth.
Serve in a bowl and garnish with finely chopped onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cumin and sesame seeds.
Thank you for stopping by! If you try this recipe, please let us know what you think in the comments section below. Your feedback means a lot to us! Also, if you post it on Instagram, please tag us with @alltheworldisgreen because we love to see your remakes.
Easy Lentil Walnut Pate
- 250 g cooked brown lentils
- 60 g walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 80-90 ml water
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until the mixture is relatively smooth.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with finely chopped onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cumin and sesame seeds.
* The nutritional information provided is calculated automatically and should be used as an estimate.