Quick and easy oatmeal recipe
I honestly can’t think of anything better on a cold fall morning than a cozy bowl of warm oatmeal. This Easy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is the perfect option for busy mornings when you need something quick and satisfying!
It combines simple and wholesome ingredients: rolled oats, apples, coconut cream, and cinnamon are simmered in rice milk with a touch of maple syrup.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is high in fiber, vegan (dairy-free), gluten-free, nut-free, and soy-free and can be ready in less than 15 minutes.
Meet the ingredients
- Rolled oats – always make sure to buy certified gluten-free rolled oats to avoid possible cross-contamination.
- Rice milk
- Coconut cream
- Green apple
- Cinnamon powder
- Maple syrup (optional)
Oats on a gluten-free diet
Most people with coeliac disease or gluten intolerance can tolerate gluten-free oats with no problems. However, a small percentage of people may still react to avenin – a protein in oats similar to gluten. For these people, even certified gluten-free oats may be unsafe. If you develop any new symptoms after adding gluten-free oats to your diet, it’s best if you talk to your dietitian or a doctor.
Another problem can be cross-contamination. Even though oats are naturally gluten-free, they are often contaminated with gluten because they may be processed in the same facilities as gluten-containing grains like wheat, rye, and barley. Therefore, if you have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, always make sure your oats are certified gluten-free to avoid any cross-contamination issues.
How to make it
Combine the oats, rice milk, coconut cream, apple, and cinnamon in a medium size saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
As soon as it boils, reduce heat to low and simmer 3-5 minutes, until the oats are softened. Remove from the heat and add maple syrup if needed.
Divide the oatmeal between two bowls, top with apples and pomegranate seeds, and sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
Tips and how-tos
- Rice milk: You can substitute rice milk with other non-dairy milk alternatives such as almond, soy, cashew milk…
- Green apple: Granny Smiths apples are my go-to apples for this recipe, but you can use any type of apple for this recipe.
- Maple syrup: Feel free to use honey in place of maple syrup for a non vegan option. Or any other preferred sweetener.
Easy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is:
- Vegan (dairy-free)
- Quick and easy to make
- High in fiber
- A healthy breakfast option
Thank you for stopping by! If you try this recipe, please let us know what you think in the comments section below. Your feedback means a lot to us! Also, if you post it on Instagram, please tag us with @alltheworldisgreen because we love to see your remakes.
Easy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 100 g rolled oats
- 500 ml rice milk or other non-dairy milk alternative
- 50 g coconut cream the thickened cream from a can of a full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Granny Smith apple shredded or cut into mini cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
Apple cinnamon oatmeal
- Combine the oats, rice milk, coconut cream, apple, and cinnamon in a medium size saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- As soon as it boils, reduce heat to low and simmer 3-5 minutes, until the oats are softened. Remove from the heat and add maple syrup if needed.
- Divide the oatmeal between two bowls, top with apples and pomegranate seeds, and sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
* The nutritional information provided is calculated automatically and should be used as an estimate.
Amazing ! 🙂