Chocolate Teff Almond Brownies
- 70 g teff flour
- 80 g Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 100 g almonds ground
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 70 g cacao powder
- 2 chia eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 150 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 50 g tahini
- 10-15 tablespoons almond milk depending on how thick the coconut cream is
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 60 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons agave
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Line the square pan (20 x 20 cm) with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- To prepare chia eggs simply grind chia seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix 2 tablespoons of grounded chia seeds with 6 tablespoons of water. Stir and let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Melt the coconut oil and coconut cream in a medium pot over low heat. Let it cool down a bit.
- Pour the wet ingredients into a bowl with dry ingredients and mix it with a stand or hand mixer for a couple of minutes until it all comes together.
- Pour the mixture into the square pan and bake for approx. 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Melt the chocolate in a medium pot over low heat. Stir until smooth. Let it cool down a bit.
- Add coconut cream, melted chocolate, and agave to the blender and blend until smooth and silky.
- Spread the topping evenly all over the cake.
- Place the cake in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to allow the topping to firm up.
- Top with berries.