Coffee Walnut Double Chocolate Cake
- 120 g chickpea flour
- 40 g amaranth flour
- 100 g almonds ground
- 90-100 g coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 chia egg
- 50 g cacao powder
- 200 ml of almond milk
- 2-3 teaspoons instant coffee
- 50 g walnuts chopped
- 80 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 2-3 tablespoons agave
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Line a 16 cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- To prepare chia egg simply grind chia seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix 1 tablespoon of ground chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Stir and let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- To make coffee: Mix 2 teaspoons instant coffee and 2 tablespoons boiling water and stir well.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: chickpea and amaranth flour, ground almonds, coconut sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, and chopped walnuts.
- Now add wet ingredients to the bowl: chia egg, coconut oil, coffee, and 200 ml almond milk. Mix it with a stand or hand mixer for a couple of minutes until it all comes together. If the batter is too thick you can add 1-2 extra tablespoons of almond milk.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake for approx. 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Melt the chocolate in a medium pot over low heat. Stir until smooth. Let it cool down a bit.
- Add coconut cream, melted chocolate, and agave to the blender and blend until smooth and silky.
- Spread the frosting all over the top. Put the cake in the fridge for half an hour to allow the frosting to firm up.
- Top with blueberries, blackberries, chocolate...