EASY HEALTHY PUDDING RECIPE
If you are in the mood for something sweet and refreshing, how about trying this protein-rich mango lime pudding? The pudding is loaded with healthy ingredients – I used silken tofu for some extra protein, coconut cream, mango, lime juice, and my favorite spice – turmeric. It’s such a fantastic combo.
You can enjoy it for breakfast, brunch, or as an afternoon pick-me-up. It’s super easy to make and can be ready in less than 15 minutes.
MEET THE INGREDIENTS
- Silken tofu: It has a softer consistency than regular tofu and feels more like solidified pudding or custard. It can be a great addition to your smoothies, puddings, and desserts.
- Coconut cream: It will give the pudding creamy taste and texture.
- Mango: If you don’t have fresh mango, you can use a frozen one.
- Lime juice: It adds a zesty flavor. Use lemon juice instead, if you prefer.
- Agave: You can replace it with maple syrup.
- Turmeric powder: It gives the pudding a rich yellow color and a sweet and distinct taste.
- Agar powder: Agar-agar or just agar is a great culinary ingredient derived from marine red algae. It’s a vegetarian gelatin substitute and makes an excellent thickener for soups, ice cream, puddings, and more.
HOW TO MAKE IT
Place silken tofu, coconut cream, mango, lime juice, agave, and turmeric powder into the blender and blend briefly until smooth and creamy.
NOTE ON COCONUT CREAM
Chill full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight so that you can easily separate cream from the liquid. The cream should be firm enough so that you can scoop it out with a spoon.
Pour the coconut-mango mixture into a saucepan and whisk in the agar powder. Over low heat, bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly, and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly for a few minutes before pouring it in jars.
Pour into jars and place in the fridge to cool until set.
Top with soy or coconut whipped cream, blueberries, and mint leaves.
PROTEIN-RICH MANGO LIME PUDDING IS:
- Creamy and refreshing
- Healthy and nutritious
- Easy to make
Thank you for stopping by! If you try this recipe, please let us know what you think in the comments section below. Your feedback means a lot to us! Also, if you post it on Instagram, please tag us with @alltheworldisgreen because we love to see your remakes.
Protein-Rich Mango Lime Pudding
- Place silken tofu, coconut cream, mango, lime juice, agave, and turmeric powder into the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the coconut-mango mixture into a saucepan and whisk in the agar powder. Over low heat, bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly, and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly for a few minutes before pouring it into jars.
- Pour into jars and set in the fridge to cool until set.
- Just before serving, top with soy or coconut whipped cream, blueberries, and mint leaves.
* The nutritional information provided is calculated automatically and should be used as an estimate.