- 60 g cashews previously soaked for a minimum of 4 hours
- 60 g roasted hazelnuts ground
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 200 g coconut cream scoop the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 90 g dates previously soaked for a minimum of 1 hour
- Melt chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Set aside.
- Drain cashews and dates and place them into the blender. Add all the other ingredients: ground hazelnuts, coconut cream, cacao powder, and melted chocolate. Blend on high speed until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Adjust sweetness.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and place it in the freezer for about 1-2 hours or until almost solid.
- Once firm, scoop out portions of the mixture with a teaspoon and roll them into balls with your hands. It is a bit of a delicate process and can be a bit messy, but so worth it in the end.
- Try to roll them as quickly as possible so they don't start to melt in your hands.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or best overnight. This allows them to set and firm up.
- Before serving, toss them in cacao powder to coat.