GUILT-FREE HEALTHY SWEET TREAT
These chocolate, hazelnut, chickpea flour muffins are rich, high in protein, and easy to make. A healthy sweet treat you can enjoy anytime. Made with wholesome and nutrient-dense ingredients.
Have you ever tried adding chickpea flour to your sweet treats? It’s an easy way to increase your protein intake.
Chickpea flour, also called gram flour, is one of the most nutrient-packed gluten-free flours available. It is very high in protein with 1 cup containing more than 20 g of protein. It is excellent for gluten-free baking because of its binding properties. You can use it in both, sweet and savory recipes.
WANT MORE CHICKPEA FLOUR RECIPES?
Then check out these:
- delicious and easy to make Chickpea Flour Frittata
- easy pancake recipe for Chickpea Flour Pancakes
- gingerbread Chickpea Flour Chocolate Pancakes
Chocolate Hazelnut Chickpea Flour Muffins
Muffins (makes 9-10)
- 100 g chickpea flour
- 50 g oat flour
- 100 g toasted hazelnuts ground
- 90-100 g coconut sugar
- 40 g cacao powder
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 200 ml rice milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 chia egg 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds + 3 tablespoons water
- 80 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 100 g dark chocolate (85% cocoa)
- 2-3 tablespoons agave
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Grease muffin tins with coconut oil or prepare muffin silicone baking cups.
- To prepare chia egg, simply grind chia seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix 1 tablespoon of ground cia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Stir and let it rest for 10 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add rice milk and chia egg to the bowl with dry ingredients and mix it with a hand mixer for a couple of minutes until it all comes together. Add 5 tablespoons coconut oil and mix until all is well combined.If the batter is too thick, you can add 1 extra tablespoon of rice milk.
- Spread the batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for approx. 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down a bit.
- Top with chocolate ganache (see below) or simply drizzle with chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in a medium pot over low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Add coconut cream, melted chocolate, and agave to the blender and blend until smooth and silky.
- Spread the ganache on top of each muffin.