Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake
- 60 g roasted hazelnuts
- 60 g cashews
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 200 g cashews previously soaked in water for minimum 4 hours
- 100 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 100 g hazelnuts ground
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons date syrup
- 1 heaped teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk or any other alternative
- 30-40 g dark chocolate for the drizzle
- Line the base of a 12 cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Place hazelnuts and cashews in a food processor and process until they are finely ground. Add cacao powder, coconut oil, and date syrup. Process until mixture sticks together. Adjust sweetness.
- Once it’s all combined, press the crust mixture into the cake tin, making sure you press it out evenly. Place it in the fridge.
- Drain cashews and place them in a blender. Add coconut cream, hazelnuts, coconut oil, date syrup, and cacao powder. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- If the mixture is too thick add 2-3 tablespoons almond milk
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Place the cake in the freezer to set for at least a couple of hours or leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Melt chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Let it cool down a bit. Drizzle the melted chocolate around the top edge of the cake.