Chocolate Chickpea Hazelnut Cookies
- 200 g chickpeas cooked and peeled
- 7 tablespoons almond milk or any other alternative
- 100 g toasted hazelnuts chopped
- 50 g almond butter
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 50 g cacao powder
- 50 g coconut flour
- 30 g teff flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice mix optional
- 50 g dark chocolate for the drizzle
- Preheat oven to 175 °C. Line a baking sheet with a non-stick baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Place chickpeas, almond milk, and almond butter in a food processor (or a blender) and process until you get a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl with dry ingredients. You can use a spoon or your hands and mix until the dough begins to stick together and everything is well combined. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Form the dough into cookies using your hands or by pressing the dough out on parchment paper and using a cookie cutter. Shape cookies and put them on the baking sheet. Bake for approx. approx. 19-20 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and leave them to cool down completely. They will continue to firm up while cooling.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.