Chickpea Chocolate and Tahini Muffins
- 200 g chickpeas cooked and peeled
- 2 flax eggs
- 60 g cacao powder
- 70 g coconut sugar
- 80 g tahini
- 120 g apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 50 g dark chocolate melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6-7 tablespoons almond milk
- 50 g dark chocolate for the drizzle
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Grease muffin tins with coconut oil or prepare muffin silicone baking cups.
- To prepare flax eggs, simply grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix 2 tablespoons of grounded flax seeds with 5 tablespoons of water and stir well. Place the bowl of flax eggs in the fridge for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Let it cool down a bit and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until fully combined and smooth. If the mixture is too thick, you can add 6-7 tablespoons of almond milk and process again.
- Spread the mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for approx. 18-20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from the oven and let them cool down completely before removing them from the tins. They will continue to firm up while cooling.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.