Chickpea Peanut Chocolate Truffles
- 190-200 g chickpeas cooked and peeled (if you use canned chickpeas, usually 1 can is enough)
- 100 g peanuts roasted and ground
- 100 g dates previously soaked in water for 1-2 hours
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 60 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 4-5 tablespoons almond milk or any other plant-based alternative
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- chocolate flakes
- Melt chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Let it cool down a bit and set aside.
- Drain dates and squeeze out any excess water and put them in a blender. Add chickpeas, ground peanuts, cacao, coconut cream, melted chocolate, and 4 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Blend until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Adjust sweetness by adding 1 tablespoon agave if necessary. If the mixture is too thick to blend add up to 4-5 tablespoons almond milk.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and place it in the freezer for about one to two hours until almost solid.
- Once firm, scoop out portions of the mixture with a teaspoon and roll them into balls with your hands. Try to roll them as quickly as possible.
- Put them in the fridge, best overnight. This allows them to set and firm up.
- Before serving, roll them again with your hands to make a perfect ball and toss them in dark chocolate flakes to coat.
- Store in the fridge.