Chickpea Flour Pancakes
- 1.5 cup chickpea flour approx. 180 g
- 1 cup water approx. 250 ml
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chives, basil or other herbs chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric optional
- salt to taste
- To make chickpea flour batter stir together the chickpea flour, salt, turmeric, and baking powder.
- Add water and whisk together until blended completely making sure to eliminate all of the lumps.
- Add chopped herbs and stir well. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When it is hot, add a little bit of olive oil. Scoop the batter (I use 2 tablespoons of batter for 1 pancake) and pour onto the skillet or use pancake molds as I did.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on one side (until you can easily flip a pancake). Flip pancake and cook for another minute or two until lightly golden.