Chickpea flour, also called gram flour, is one of the most nutrient-packed gluten-free flours available. It is very high in protein with 1 cup containing more than 20 g of protein. It is excellent for gluten-free baking because of its binding properties. You can use it for making bread, cookies, pizza dough, socca, to thicken soups, sauces, and gravies, as a crunchy coating…
This is a recipe for a delicious chickpea flour frittata. It is very healthy, high in protein, gluten-free, and so easy to make. Definitely a great vegan alternative to frittata!
Want more chickpea flour recipes?
Chickpea Flour Frittata
- 160 g chickpea flour
- 250 ml water
- 1.5 cups finely chopped swiss chard
- 1 cup shredded butternut squash
- 3-4 finely chopped scallions
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- To make chickpea flour batter, stir together the chickpea flour, turmeric, salt, and water in a small bowl. Whisk together until blended completely making sure to eliminate all of the lumps.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let the mixture rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, add shredded pumpkin, finely chopped swiss chard, chopped scallions, minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir until all is well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Line an 18 cm springform pan with baking paper and put it in the oven for approx. 5 minutes (it needs to be really hot when you add the batter).
- After 5 minutes, coat the hot pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and pour in the batter. Bake for approx. 35 minutes until golden and crispy. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the frittata, so adjust accordingly.
- Cool in the pan, then slice into wedges and serve. You can top it with beet sprouts.