Have you ever tried chickpea flour? It is very high in protein, fiber, and micronutrients and can be used in both, savory and sweet dishes. A great gluten-free alternative to wheat flour.
Chickpea Flour Chocolate Pancakes
- 100 g chickpea flour
- 40 g oat flour
- 65-70 g coconut sugar
- 50 g cacao powder
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spices mix
- 100 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 150 ml rice milk
- 50 g dark chocolate
- fresh blueberries
- Stir together the chickpea flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, cacao powder, gingerbread spices mix, and baking powder.
- Add milk and melted coconut cream (melt in a pot over low heat), and mix until well combined. Adjust sweetness.
- Pour the batter into small circles (1 heaped tablespoon for each pancake).
- Cook on one side until the bottom is lightly browned, flip them over and cook briefly on the other side.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with blueberries.