- 1.5 cups chickpeas cooked and peeled
- 2 flax eggs
- 30 g carob powder
- 60 g cacao powder
- 180 g apple sauce
- 50 g hazelnuts roasted
- 60 g coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons agave for extra sweetness, if needed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of vanilla powder
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk if the mixture is too thick
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Line a baking tin with non-stick baking paper or grease it with oil – extend paper above the sides, so you can pull the cake out when it is set.
- To prepare flax eggs, simply grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix 2 tablespoons of grounded flax seeds with 6 tablespoons of water and stir well. Place the bowl of flax eggs in the fridge for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Place all ingredients (except hazelnuts) into a food processor and process until fully combined and smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of almond milk and process again.
- Add chopped hazelnuts and stir gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and bake for 30 minutes until the sides start to pull away from the baking dish and the top is firm.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool. Brownies will continue to firm up while cooling.
- Drizzle with chocolate and top with dried raspberries.