Chickpea Chocolate No-Bake Cake
- 50 g roasted almonds
- 50 g roasted hazelnuts
- 50 g dates previously soaked in water for a minimum 1 hour
- 1 level tablespoon raw cacao powder
- date syrup if needed, for extra sweetness
- 200 g chickpeas cooked and peeled
- 200 g dates previously soaked for 2-3 hours
- 50 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g roasted hazelnuts ground
- 100 g coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons agave
- Line the base of two mini 10 or 11 cm springform cake tins with baking paper.
- Place almonds and hazelnuts in a food processor and process until they are finely ground. Add drained dates and cacao powder and process until the mixture sticks together. Adjust sweetness by adding date syrup if necessary.
- Divide the mixture between two cake tins and press down firmly to form the base. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Melt coconut cream and chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Set aside.
- Drain dates and place them in the blender. Add chickpeas, melted coconut cream, and chocolate, and blend until you get a thick cream.
- Add ground hazelnuts and process again until well combined. Adjust sweetness if necessary.
- Spread the chocolate cream on top of the crusts. Place the cakes in the fridge, best overnight.
- Melt chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Stir until smooth. Let it cool down a bit.
- Add coconut cream, melted chocolate and agave to the blender and blend shortly until smooth.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully spread chocolate topping over the cakes. Put the cakes in the fridge for half an hour to allow the topping to firm up.
- Top with berries.