Cherry Coconut & Chocolate Cake
- 80 g toasted almonds
- 20 g rolled oats
- 50 g dates soaked in water for a minimum of 1 hour
- 10 g cacao powder
- 250 g cashews soaked in water for a minimum of 4 hours
- 100 g coconut cream the thickened cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons agave
- 25 g shredded coconut
- 100 g fresh cherries chopped
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 80 g coconut cream the thickened cream from a can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons agave
- Line the base of a 13-14 cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and process until the mixture sticks together. Adjust sweetness.
- Press the crust mixture into the cake tin, making sure you press it out evenly.
- Drain cashews and place them in a blender. Add all the other ingredients and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy
- Gently fold in fresh cherries with a spatula.
- Pour the filling over the crust. Place the cake in the freezer to set for at least 3-4 hours.
- Melt chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Stir until smooth.
- Add coconut cream, melted chocolate and agave to the blender and blend shortly until smooth.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cake. Top with cherries.