Broccoli and Spinach Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 thumb-sized ginger minced
- 600 g broccoli florets
- 450-500 g frozen spinach
- 4 cups water 1 cup = 250 ml
- salt to taste
- 60 g cashews previously soaked in water for an hour
- 100 ml unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour approx. 12 g
- Place drained cashews, tapioca flour, and 100 ml unsweetened plant-based milk into a high-powered blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pot place 2 tablespoons of olive oil and chopped onion, and cook over low-medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and ginger, and cook for another couple of minutes on low while stirring constantly.
- After a few minutes, add 600 g broccoli florets, frozen spinach, and 4 cups of water (approx. 1 liter) and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, add cashew cream and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the broccoli florets are done. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Use the immersion blender to puree the soup completely or you can transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a bowl and top with vegan yogurt or soy cream, pumpkin and sesame seeds, chives, and parsley.