Black Bean Crust Pizza with Purple Hummus
Delicious and healthy black bean crust pizza with purple hummus is a healthy alternative to a traditional pizza. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1.5 cup black beans cooked
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 medium beet chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons psyllium
- salt to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- blue potatoes
- red cabbage
- pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper and lightly grease it with olive oil.
- For the flax eggs: mix 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 5 tablespoons water, stir and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Place cooked black beans into the blender. Add chopped beet, garlic, flax eggs, baking powder, sesame seeds, 2-3 tablespoons water, salt, and garlic powder. Blend on high speed until it all starts to come together. Adjust salt and spices.
- Now add psyllium and blend for another 10 – 15 seconds. One note on psyllium: Adjust all seasonings and spices before adding psyllium because once you add it, the mixture starts to get really thick really fast.
- Use a spoon or your hands to shape the crust into your desired size.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes until crispy. Let the crust cool a bit.
- Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Spread the hummus on top of the black bean crust.
- Top it with roasted blue potatoes, mushrooms, chickpeas, sweetcorn, basil, parsley, red cabbage, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds…
Did you make this recipe?Please leave a comment below and let us know how it was. We are very grateful for your feedback.
* The nutritional information provided is calculated automatically and should be used as an estimate.