Black Bean Brownies
- 1.5 cup cooked black beans approx. 300 g
- 2 chia eggs
- 50 g roasted almonds ground
- 70-80 g coconut sugar
- 60 g cacao powder
- 100 g peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 100 g applesauce
- 7-8 tablespoons almond milk or any other alternative
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Prepare small silicone molds or muffin tins (grease them with coconut oil).
- To prepare chia eggs, simply grind chia seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix 2 tablespoons of grounded chia seeds with 5 tablespoons of water. Stir and let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Put black beans and applesauce in the blender and blend shortly until you get a puree. Set aside.
- Place all the dry ingredients in the bowl: ground roasted almonds, coconut sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, and stir well. Now add black bean puree, chia eggs, peanut butter, coconut oil, and 6 tablespoons almond milk.
- Mix with a stand or hand mixer for a couple of minutes until it all comes together.
- If the batter is too thick add 1-2 more tablespoons of almond milk.
- Spread the batter into prepared silicone molds or muffin tins and bake for approx. 20-25 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool down completely before taking them out. Brownies will continue to firm up while cooling.
- For an extra kick, you can drizzle melted chocolate over your brownies.