OVERNIGHT OATS: QUICK AND EASY BREAKFAST OPTION
Overnight oats are great for busy mornings. They are so filling and nutritious and you can play around with different flavors and toppings for each day of the week.
To make overnight oats, it’s ideal to soak them in plant-based milk overnight, or at least for a couple of hours. By soaking them, your body will absorb the nutrients much better.
BANANA CHERRY OVERNIGHT OATS
Banana cherry overnight oats is a filling and nutritious breakfast recipe that will take you less than 15 minutes to make (if you don’t count soaking oats).
This recipe is vegan (dairy-free), gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, and high in fiber.
For more breakfast recipes, check out the link below:
MEET THE INGREDIENTS
- Frozen cherries
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- Rolled oats – always make sure to buy certified gluten-free rolled oats to avoid possible cross-contamination.
- Chia seeds
- Rice milk
OATS AND A GLUTEN-FREE DIET
Most people with coeliac disease or gluten intolerance can tolerate gluten-free oats with no problems. However, a small percentage of people may still react to avenin – a protein in oats similar to gluten. For these people, even certified gluten-free oats may be unsafe. If you develop any new symptoms after adding gluten-free oats to your diet, it’s best if you talk to your dietitian or a doctor.
Another problem can be cross-contamination. Even though oats are naturally gluten-free, they are often contaminated with gluten because they may be processed in the same facilities as gluten-containing grains like wheat, rye, and barley. Therefore, if you have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, always make sure your oats are certified gluten-free to avoid any cross-contamination issues.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA CHERRY OVERNIGHT OATS
CHERRY CHIA JAM
Place frozen sour cherries, water, and maple syrup into a small pot over low heat and cook for a couple of minutes until you get a jam-like consistency.
When it’s done, add chia seeds and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Stir well.
Soak rolled oats and chia seeds in rice milk overnight.
In the morning, add mashed banana and stir well.
Layer the cherry chia jam and overnight oats in jars and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
TIPS AND SUBSTITUTES
Maple syrup: You can substitute it with agave syrup or any preferred sweetener.
Rice milk: You can use other plant-based milk like almond, oat, or soy.
BANANA CHERRY OVERNIGHT OATS ARE:
- Vegan (dairy-free)
- High in fiber
- Nutritious and filling
- Easy to make
- Healthy and delicious breakfast option
Thank you for stopping by! If you try this recipe, please let us know what you think in the comments section below. Your feedback means a lot to us! Also, if you post it on Instagram, please tag us with @alltheworldisgreen because we love to see your remakes.
Banana Cherry Overnight Oats
1st layer - Cherry chia jam
- 100 g frozen sour cherries
- 30 ml water
- 15 g chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
2nd layer - Overnight oats
- 80 g certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 200 ml rice milk
- 5 g chia seeds approx. 1 teaspoon
- 1 ripe banana
- pomegranate seeds
Cherry chia jam
- Place frozen sour cherries, water, and maple syrup into a small pot over low heat and cook for a couple of minutes until you get a jam-like consistency.
- When it’s done, add chia seeds and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Stir well.
- Soak rolled oats and chia seeds in rice milk overnight.
- In the morning, add the mashed banana and stir well.
* The nutritional information provided is calculated automatically and should be used as an estimate.